CH356 is a PCI based Quad-channel UARTs and printer port chip，contains Quad UARTs which compatible with 16C550, and a EPP/ECP enhanced bi-directional parallel port. It can be expanded to PCI based 6 or 8 UARTs by adds 1 or 2 CH432 chip. The UARTs supports IrDA infrared encode and decode, supports communication baud rate up to 4Mbps. It can be used for RS232 serial expansion based by PCI bus, PCI high-speed serial with automatic hardware speed control, serial networking, RS485 communications, IrDA communications, parallel/ printer port expansion etc. The chart below is application project.
The chart below is application project.
- The same chip Can be configured as PCI based Quad-channel UARTs with printer/ parallel port or Octal-channel UARTs.
- Provide two-wire serial master interface, can hang serial EEPROM similar with 24C0X to store non-volatile data.
- Can set Vendor ID, Device ID, Class Code or other informations of PCI board in EEPROM.
- Driver supports Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/SERVER 2003/2008/2012/2016 and Linux.
- Support 5V or 3.3V voltage, supports low power sleep mode for serial port.
- Chip function is equal to CH365 adds CH432 chip, providing 6 UARTs, Octal UARTs or more application project.
- LQFP-128 lead-free package, RoHS compliant.
- Serial Port Interface
- Four independent UARTs, compatible with 16C550, 16C552, 16C554 and 16C750 with enhanced.
- Supports 5, 6, 7 or 8-bit Serial format and 1 or 2 stop bits.
- Supports Odd, Even, None, space 0 and mark 1 parity, etc.
- Programmable Baud Rate, supports 115200bps and up to 4Mbps baud rate.
- Supports 16-bytes FIFO buffer, supports 4 FIFO trigger layers.
- Supports MODEM signal CTS, DSR, RI, DCD, DTR, RTS, can be converted to RS232 level by 75232 chip.
- Supports CTS, RTS to realize auto handshake and auto transmit speed control, compatible with TL16C550C.
- Supports serial frame error check, and Break circuit interval check.
- Supports Full-duplex and Half-duplex communication.
- UART0 has SIR Infrared codec internal, Supports 2400bps to 115200bps baud rate of IrDA communication.
- Supports expanded to PCI based 6 or 8 UARTs by adds CH432 chip.
- Parallel port
- Supports such as SPP, Nibble, Byte, PS/2, EPP and ECP etc IEEE1284 parallel/ printer port modes.
- Supports bi-directional data transmission, the transfer speed can up to 2M Byte/S.
- Built-in pull-up resistor required by printer port, less peripheral components, more simple circuit.