CH344 is a USB bus converter chip, which converts USB to quad serial ports UART0/1/2/3, and used to expand serial ports for computer or upgrade directly from normal serial device or MCU to USB bus.
- CH344Q integrates 480Mbps high-speed USB device interface, and CH344L integrates 12Mbps full-speed USB device interface.
- Built-in firmware, emulate standard UART interface, used to upgrade the original serial peripheral or expand additional UART via USB.
- Original serial applications are totally compatible without any modification in Windows operating systems.
- Supports free installation OS which built-in CDC driver or multi-functional high-speed VCP vendor driver.
- Hardware full duplex UART interface, integrated independent transmit-receive buffer.
- CH344Q supports communication baud rate varies from 1200bps to 6Mbps, CH344L supports communication baud rate varies from 1200bps to 230400bps.
- UART supports 8 data bits, and supports odd, even and none parity.
- Integrated 1024-byte RX FIFO and 512-byte TX FIFO for each UART.
- Supports common MODEM signals.
- Supports CTS and RTS hardware automatic flow control.
- Supports half-duplex, provides sending status TNOW, used for controlling RS485 to transmit-receive switch.
- Supports up to 16-channel GPIO input and output function.
- Supports RS232/RS485/RS422 interface, through external voltage conversion chip.
- Built-in EEPROM used to configure the chip of VID, PID, maximum current value, vendor and product information string, etc.
- Supports only 3.3V power supply.
- RoHS compliant LQFP48 lead-free package.
Note: The USB transceiver of CH344 is designed according to the built-in design of USB2.0, and it is recommended that no external resistor is in series with UD+ and UD- pins.