CH342 is a USB bus converter chip, which converts USB to dual serial ports.
Each UART supports high-speed full-duplex and odd/even parity, provides standard MODEM signals, used to expand serial ports for computer or upgrade directly from normal serial device or MCU to USB bus.
- Full-speed USB device interface, USB 2.0 compatible.
- Emulate standard UART interface, used to upgrade the original serial peripheral or expand additional UART via USB.
- Original serial applications are totally compatible without any modification in Windows operating systems.
- Supports free installation OS which built-in CDC driver or multi-functional high-speed VCP vendor driver.
- Hardware full duplex UART interface, integrated independent transmit-receive buffer, supports communication baud rate varies from 50bps to 3Mbps.
- UART supports 5, 6, 7 or 8 data bits, supports odd, even, space, mark and none parity.
- Supports common MODEM interface signals RTS, DTR, DCD, DSR and CTS.
- Supports CTS and RTS hardware automatic flow control.
- Supports half-duplex, provides sending status TNOW, used for controlling RS485 to transmit-receive switch.
- Supports RS232 interface, through external voltage conversion chip.
- Supports 5V and 3.3V power supply voltages.
- UART interface I/O powered independently, supports 5V, 3.3V, 2.5V, 1.8V power supply voltages.
- Integrated power-on reset, integrated clock, no external crystal required.
- Built-in EEPROM used to configure the chip of VID, PID, maximum current value, vendor and product information string, etc.
- Integrated Unique ID (USB Serial Number).
- RoHS compliant QFN24, ESSOP10 lead-free package.
Note: The backplane of CH342F/CH342K is 0# pin GND, which is an optional but recommended connection; other GND are necessary connections.
The USB transceiver of CH342 is designed according to the built-in design of USB2.0, and it is recommended that no external resistor is in series with UD+ and UD- pins.